Thursday, October 4, 2012

IM Training - Week 1

It's coming right at me. The beginning of a 48 week journey. One that is bound to change my life, redefine my limits, and ultimately earn me the title of IRONMAN. As promised I will bring you every weeks upcoming workouts, as well as a summary of the previous week.
This week I've put in a few miles on the road as well as a visit to the pool and a couple lifting sessions. Unorganized random workouts just to get into the idea of training. Starting Monday this all changes. So here it is: week 1 of the prep period.

Monday -
R: 45 minutes - easy run
S: Distance work - Just see how things are feeling. Easy effort (2600 yds)
      WU - 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull, 200 swim
      Set - 1500 long and strong, just feel things out
      CD - 200

Tuesday -
R: 45 minutes - easy run
B: 60 minutes - low effort

Wednesday -
S: Race work - Low yards and only workout so good effort (1700 yds)
    WU - 300
    Set - 3x400 (good effort on the first, negative split the next two)
    CD - 200

Thursday -
R: 90 minutes - easy long run

Friday -
S: Speed set (1400 yds)
    WU - 400
    Set - 8x100 (25 easy, 25 build, 25 easy, 25 hard)
    CD - 200
B: 45 minutes - Easy bike

Saturday - OFF!!!

Sunday -
B: 90 minutes - easy

Here it is! This should be interesting in the first couple of weeks as I am also rehearsing for the musical. Still I should be able to time manage and make everything work. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment